Vermont Maple rosemary grilled chicken
1/2 cup Dark Vermont Maple syrup
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 shallot, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
6 chicken breasts
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, shallot, rosemary, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, pour the maple syrup mixture over the chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Remove the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Brush chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the chicken for about 10 minutes on the grill, turning occasionally until the chicken is completely cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary, if desired.