Peach pizza with Vermont Maple balsamic glaze
32 cm store bought pizza dough
15 ml olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 oz prosciutto
60 ml ricotta cheese
140 g fresh mozzarella, shredded
120 ml asiago cheese, shredded
1 1/2 medium fresh peaches
120 ml balsamic vinegar
30 ml Dark Vermont Maple syrup
15 ml flour
80 ml slightly packed fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Pour balsamic vinegar and maple syrup into deep skillet over medium heat. Allow mixture to simmer until reduced to slightly under 60ml, about 15 minutes.
- Lightly dust a sheet of parchment paper with flour. Unroll pizza crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil and garlic. Brush mixture evenly over top of crust and evenly distribute garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer prosciutto side by side to cover crust. Place dots of ricotta over pizza, then sprinkle with mozzarella and asiago cheese.
- Remove pits and slice peaches. Layer peaches evenly over pizza. Transfer pizza to preheated oven. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil, and drizzle with maple syrup balsamic reduction.
- Cut into slices and serve warm.